The past few weeks have been chaotic, messy, heart-wrenching. All that is over, the waves have calmed. Now is a time for tranquility and healing.
It's a fresh year, and therefore time for a fresh start. I've made personal resolutions, but I want to make one for Cracking Spines, too. I feel as though I've been hiding behind the technicalities of the written word. I've read a few older posts, and they're... well, they're boring. There's no feeling to them. So I resolve that this year, Cracking Spines will be reformed, reshaped. I'm going to share the personal, the beautiful, the emotive side of reading. I want to share with you, the readers, the Spine Crackers, the things that made me fall in love with reading, with opening a book and discovering the mystery of the pages.
In honor of this resolution, there is a new poll! You're in control, you're the boss now-- what am I reading in February? Here are the options:
- The Complete Poems and Plays of T.S. Eliot
- The Secret Diary of a Call Girl (Anonymous)
- The Dead Sea Scrolls (Michael Wise, Martin Abegg Jr, Edward Cook)
- Living a Jewish Life (Anita Diamant, Howard Cooper)
- The Case for the Real Jesus (Lee Strobel)
- Grania (Morgan Llywelyn)
- The Great Influenza (John M. Barry)
- Small Avalanches and Other Stories (Joyce Carol Oates)