Friday, February 4, 2011

Welcome to February!

     It's February, and that means I'll be cracking the spines you chose.  At first the fact that Secret Diary of a Call Girl was the top pick made me think that you're a bunch of pervy people.  Second thought was that I'm the one who put it on the list and therefore have no room to judge. 

     This book has been on my reading list for quite some time; I first discovered it after discovering the Showtime series of the same name.  Inspired by the book, the show follows high-class call girl Belle du Jour through the chaos of living a double life.  It is, in one word, fascinating.  I watched the first season online, finishing rather quickly (the series, I mean).  I'm a bit of a snob when it comes to book-based media, so I had to investigate.  My big question:  is the book as smart, sexy, and witty as the show?

     I started reading the book before the polls were closed-- I'm that curious.  However, I understand that this is some sensitive material and don't want to mentally scar any minors.  So parents, cover the eyes of your offspring.  Offspring, back away from the computer.  Everyone else, proceed with caution. 

No comments:

Post a Comment