Thursday, September 30, 2010

Help "Blue Like Jazz"!

   Important news:  Donald Miller's best selling book Blue Like Jazz is being made into a movie.  I've read this book, and it's pretty excellent.  It deserves movie status.  However, there's some bad news-- they had to stop production due to lack of funding.  A few fans have banned together to create the website Save Blue Like Jazz to get things going again, but they still need to raise over $70,000 in about 3 and a half weeks!  This is a tough goal, but if they can do it it'll be way worth it. 

     I wouldn't ask you guys to do anything I wouldn't do, so I gave a little because this is something I really support.  If you can, if you feel moved to do so, then do it.  No pressure, and no need to give a ton (their minimum donation is a dollar).  No need to give at all if you don't want to.  Even just getting the word out might help.  That's what I'm trying to do, because the more the word gets out the more help they get. 

No comments:

Post a Comment